- 1 Best Nightstand Gun Safes Reviews
- 1.1 #1 – ShotLock Handgun Solo Vault
- 1.2 #2 – SentrySafe Biometric Gun Safe
- 1.3 #3 – RPNB Smart Pistol Safe
- 1.4 #4 – Gunvault Biometric Microvault
- 1.5 #5 – BARSKA Quick Access Security Box
- 1.6 #6 – First Alert Portable Handgun Safe
- 1.7 #7 – Vaultek Smart Handgun Safe
- 1.8 #8 – Champs Pistol Safe
- 1.9 #9 – Liberty Small Key Vault
- 1.10 #10 – Fortress Gun Safe
- 2 Conclusion
At times it becomes very difficult to choose the best nightstand that you can buy. But do not worry when we are here. In our list of the best nightstand gun safe, we gave the most important to the ease of access, because this is what will give you an edge over the normal safes. Also, one of the priorities was that if the safes that can be operated with one hand and the size of the safe, as it needs to be small. Most of the safes that we have included in our list of the best nightstand gun safes are designed for one pistol because a single handgun is what you need to protect your belongings.
In our list of the best nightstand gun safes, we have included a mix of drawer gun safes, side-mounted gun safes, and tabletop gun safes to benefit our readers as per their choice so that at least one of these safes will be exactly what you need.
Without wasting any more time, let us jump straight into the recommendations and discuss their pros and cons.
Best Nightstand Gun Safes Reviews
The ShotLock Handgun Solo Vault is a multi-use gun safe that can either be safely hidden in your drawer or mounted on the side of your nightstand so that you can easily access it when required.
- This safe is equipped with an 8-key manual combination lock and can store one full-frame pistol in it.
- It has a felt padded interior and is equipped with a cable lock for added security.
The ShotLock Handgun Solo Vault is a manual safety and is the first safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safes. It is an eight-key keypad and comes with an emergency backup key. Also, the interior of the box is lined with felt for added safety and is large enough to accommodate a full-frame pistol. Additionally, you can also keep items like a sight or a laser, and two spare magazines if you have good organizational skills.
This safe is quite compact and small enough to fit in your nightstand drawer or even under your bed if you want to. Also, it can be mounted vertically on the side of your nightstand or dresser using the mounting screws added to the packaging by the manufacturer. It also comes with a cable lock if you want to secure it even further that is included in the packaging.
The manual lock added to the safe is quite helpful since you don’t need any batteries to operate it. However, it might appear to be a thing from the past, on the other hand as you have to remove the buttons and set pins in the backs to change the combination once you are done using the safe.
The ShotLock Handgun Solo Vault is designed in such a way that is suitable for one-handed use and is very simple to operate, in contrast to various modern safes. All you need to do id enter your four-digit combination, turn the dial, and the door will open, giving you access to the belongings of the safe. This safe also comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty to cover you of the additional costs.
- This safe is quite compact and small enough to fit in your drawer.
- It can be mounted vertically and has a 1-handed operation.
- This safe comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It is quite tricky to change the code.
The Sentry Biometric Gun Safe is the second gun safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safes available in the market that you can buy.
- SafeSentry Biometric Gun Safe is a small biometric safe mainly designed for pistols and handguns that enables you to put it in tiny places such as a drawer or on a shelf to get quick access to it whenever required.
- This safe is a high-quality safe but comes at a lower price as compared to the rest of its competitors.
- This safe has a muted opening that is equipped with a pry-resistant top cover that allows you an easy opening with just one hand and also comes with a hydraulic piston.
- This safe can be used as a single storage for revolver or pistols along with other accessories.
It has a fingerprint closing safe that allows easy and quick access to all the belongings, just by scanning your fingerprints. It is also very much efficient as it takes only one second to allow the metal biometric reader to unlock the safe and securely open the silent lid.
This safe is equipped with sophisticated technology is a permanent solution for a gun owner who is looking for a gun safe that can provide high safety. It involves fingerprint scanning and has no other option to open the safe apart from it.
Overall, this is an extremely safe and convenient gun safe that enables users to store and use only two fingerprints.
- It is extremely well built and offers a high level of security for a very reasonable price.
- It allows easy and quick access to all the belongings.
- This safe is convenient to store.
- You can store only four fingerprints and not multiple fingerprints to open the safe.
The RPNB Smart Pistol Safe is both affordable and easy to use and is the first RPNB safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safe.
- It comes with RFID and combination locks and takes 4 AAA batteries to power itself.
- This safe fit one compact or smaller pistol and comes with an egg crate foam padding.
- It also comes with locking cable.
The RPNB Smart Pistol Safe is a compact pistol safe and is small enough to slide into even a small nightstand drawer. However, this small size has a disadvantage too, as it is only big enough for a compact pistol. If you are good at space management skills, you will have space for two extra standard magazines or one magazine along with your laser or flashlight.
This safe can be unlocked in three ways either you can use an RFID fob, a 3-key combination lock, or an emergency manual key to use when the above two methods fail. However, RFID is a good choice to use. The safe is powered by 4 AAA batteries and will last long. The RPNB safe includes a cable and cable lock, so you can secure the safe without wasting money.
This safe is quite affordable but is of very high quality and comes well-engineered and locks with a firm click.
- This safe is equipped with multiple locking methods.
- This safe is small enough to fit in a drawer and is quite inexpensive.
- However, it is too small for full-frame pistols and requires batteries to power itself.
The Gunvault Biometric Microvault is the first GunVault safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safes available in the market that you can buy.
- It is also an excellent biometric solution for those who need a small gun safe to store his handgun or pistol.
- The safe is quite spacious, and there is enough room for a small handgun and ammo.
Another feature of the Gunvault Biometric Microvault is the locking mechanism, and it was developed to provide secure and reliable access to your belongings. It is also one of the strongest and durable handguns safe on the market. This technology allows you to set your secret code with up to 120 fingerprint combination options that make it great for corporate usage.
The fingerprint lock is designed with a mechanical safety to save batteries and to make it more power economic. This allows the GunVault to run for years with only a single 9-volt battery without you needing to change it. To open the safe, all you need to do is press the lockout button, then set your fingers on the four biometric sensors, and that’s it.
- It is a biometric safe.
- It comes with a five years warranty from the manufacturer.
- The keypad is not of the best quality that is available in the market.
The BARSKA Quick Access Security Box is designed for easy one-handed access and is the fifth gun safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safes available in the market that you can buy.
- It is equipped with an electric keypad lock.
- It takes 4 AA batteries to power itself and fits one full-frame pistol.
- It also mounts on the side of your furniture for easy access.
The BARSKA Quick Access Security Box is a desk pistol safe but is well suited for mounting on the side of your nightstand or dresser. It can also be mounted on either the left or the right side and comes with mounting screws from the manufacturer.
This is a large case and comes with a foam insert that is fit for the largest full-frame pistols even with oversized mag wells that will fit just fine. The foam is firm and doesn’t deform over time and opens when you enter your six-digit PIN.
The BARSKA Quick Access Security Box takes four AA batteries and will last for years if you are having an optimal usage. It also comes with a set of backup keys to open if your battery runs out.
- It is quite secure and easy to mount.
- This safe has 1-handed access and has both left or right-side mounting.
- This safe requires batteries to power itself.
- It doesn’t have storage for extra magazines.
The First Alert Portable Handgun Safe is also quite easy to use in the dark and is a durable, affordable nightstand pistol safe.
- This safe comes with an electric keypad lock and takes 2 AA batteries to power itself.
- It fits one full-frame or two subcompact pistols and has a foam-lined interior.
- It also includes security cable in the packaging.
The First Alert Portable Handgun Safe has a unique lock and the whole safe designed to be used in the dark when required. There is a hand-shaped depression, with a button in each of the fingers for your fingers to set in. All you need to do is set your PIN and the safe clicks open to give you access to your belongings.
This is a room safe and will fit a large, full-frame revolver or pistol. You can also have two extra magazines if you organize it properly. The interior of the safe is foam-lined that will protect your belongings inside.
The First Alert gun safe can either be permanently screwed via a locking cable, which is included in the packaging.
This safe take 2 AA batteries, and runs for about once every six months and is an inexpensive safe.
- The keypad added to the safe is easy to use and is quite durable.
- It is also affordable.
- It requires batteries to power itself.
- This safe has relatively short battery life.
The Vaultek Smart Handgun Safe is the seventh gun safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safe that you can buy and is suitable for full-frame pistols.
- It comes with a biometric lock equipped to it.
- It draws power from a custom rechargeable battery that is included in the packaging.
- It is quite suitable for 8 inches pistols.
- This safe has a foam padded interior and includes mounting hardware.
The Vaultek Smart Handgun Safe is designed to store your pistol vertically, and the foam padding added to the safe is moisture resistant. It also comes with a large enough cutout for an 8-inch pistol, although there is no space to conveniently store an extra magazine inside the safe. The Vaultek safe includes interior LED lights, which help you to see even in the dark.
The kit also includes mounting hardware from the manufacturer. Also, the thumbprint reader is located on the top front that makes it easy to use one-handed conveniently. It also unmounts with ease and is TSA-approved.
As an added advantage, the owner can program this safe for up to 20 sets of thumbprints, which makes it a convenient one for corporate use. The safe includes a backup key, as well as a smartphone app for unlocking it remotely from the manufacturer.
- This safe is for one-handed use and is programmed up to 20 thumbprints.
- This safe is very durable and includes a smartphone app.
- It is a TSA-approved safe and has an internal LED light.
- It also draws power from a rechargeable battery.
- This safe is very expensive.
- However, it has no room for extra magazines.
- This safe requires frequent recharges, which might be one of its major disadvantages.
#8 – Champs Pistol Safe
Champs Pistol Safe is the eighth gun safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safe that you can buy and is one of the most reasonably sized options to buy.
- This safe is equipped with an electric combination lock.
- It also takes 4 AA batteries, and foam padded interior added to it.
- It has a large enough for one full-frame or two compact pistols and even with a few add-ons.
The Champs Pistol Safe is large enough to fit two Glock 19 pistols with an extra magazine. Also, you can store a full-frame pistol with a laser or sight or any other add-ons, along with those two magazines as mentioned above. The padding on the interior is soft but is not designed to hold your guns in place if you’re traveling.
The lock comes with a four-key electronic lock, which accepts a four-digit PIN and draws from four AA batteries, which might last for years if used economically. As an added security feature, if someone enters an incorrect password more than three times, and the safe goes into sleep for 60 seconds. If the batteries run out of power or the lock malfunctions, you can use the emergency backup keys to get access to your belongings.
- It includes mounting screws by the manufacturer.
- This safe is equipped with a loud alarm too.
- This safe is also quite affordable.
- However, the safe is too large for a drawer.
The Liberty Small Key Vault is the ninth gun safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safe that you can buy.
- It comes with a biometric lock.
- It is also equipped with an egg crate foam liner and also includes security cable.
The Liberty Small Key Vault comes with a circular key and doesn’t require any batteries to operate or draws power from. This safe also comes with a removable security cable and can be used to quickly secure your safe.
This safe is also an inexpensive box, and is of small size but is large enough to store a full-frame pistol. This safe is also made for concealed carry pistols and is big enough to store almost any gun so that it can be used by anyone having a revolver or a handgun.
- This safe doesn’t need batteries to operate.
- This safe is compact enough for drawers and is very inexpensive.
- This safe is also too small for full-frame pistols and is made up of flimsy materials.
#10 – Fortress Gun Safe
The Fortress Gun Safe is a durable, secure, and is the last gun safe in our list of the best nightstand gun safe.
- It comes with an RFID, and an electric keypad lock added to it.
- It also takes 4 AA batteries and fits two full-sized pistols in it.
- It also comes with a foam-padded interior and comes pre-drilled for mounting.
This safe has two layers of security added to it. Also, the lock takes four AA batteries and has a built-in motion sensor, which sets off an alarm if the safe is abused.
The Fortress Gun Safe is made from heavy-gauge steel and comes with a pre-drilled with a bolt. This safe also has a padded interior to hold two full-frame pistols. Also, there is a second internal shelf added to it, and can even store four magazines.
- It also includes mounting bolts and has a tamper-resistant alarm.
- It also has a durable construction and has an optional quiet mode.
- This safe is fairly large.
We hope you have liked our article on the best nightstand gun safe available in the market that you can buy. With all that prior information equipped, you can easily choose the best Viking security safe as per your requirements.
All you need to do now is decide which safe you want according to your needs and desires, keeping in mind safety and security features, so that you can be at peace of mind when you are out of your house and entrusting you are guns to the safe.