Last Updated: 2nd October 2020
- 1 The 12 Best Rifle Scopes for 2020
- 1.1 #1 – Nikon ProStaff 3-9×40 Black Matte Riflescope (w/BDC)
- 1.2 #2 – Nikon P-223 3-9×40 Mate BDC 600
- 1.3 #3 – Vortex® StrikeFire Red Dot Rifle Scope (Suitable for AR-15)
- 1.4 #4 – LUCID HD7 Generation 3 Red Dot Sight, Flat Dark Earth
- 1.5 #5 – ADE ADVANCED OPTICS 6-25X56 35MM LONG RANGE RIFLESCOPE
- 1.6 #6 – VORTEX OPTICS CROSSFIRE II 6-24X50MM
- 1.7 #7 – SECOZOOM OPTICS 4-50X75MM SCOPE
- 1.8 #8 – NIKON M-308 TACTICAL SCOPE
- 1.9 #9 – VORTEX OPTICS VIPER 6.5-20X50 PA
- 1.10 #10 – Leupold Waterproof VX-6 7-42X56mm
- 1.11 #11 – Leupold Mark 4.5-14X 50mm Scope
- 1.12 #12 – Nightforce nxs 5.5-22X 50mm
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion:
You can get confused with tons of scopes available in the market with different prices and image quality. Don’t Worry! We put together a list of the best Rifle Scopes so far with their pros and cons and provide necessary buying tips so that you can avoid the hassle and choose your ones wisely. We believe you deserve to feel that you spent your money at your best you can.
The 12 Best Rifle Scopes for 2020
Nikon ProStaff 3-9×40 Riflescope is one of the best-selling and affordable scopes available in the market. This one of the big players to beginners as well as experts in the hunting field. Nikon ProStaff 3-9×40 is featured with BDC reticle technology that provides bullet-drop compensation.
It helps the hunter to determine the height from the target the shooter has to aim to hit the target. This scope is enriched with some remarkable features such as 3-9x magnification, 40 mm optic lens, 25 mm tube diameter, BDC reticle, etc. Its low weight will help to maintain balance while hunting.
So, if you are thinking to get a high-rated rifle scope at your budget, we would like to suggest Nikon ProStaff 3-9×40 Black Matte Riflescope (w/BDC).
- Adjustable BDC reticle.
- Fog-proof and waterproof.
- Comparatively Larger.
- Mounting rings are not included.
The Nikon P-223 BDC 600 Riflescope is an amazing, affordable scope and offers some exceptional features, unlike others. This scope has the magnification of 4-12×40 with a BDC 600 reticle that provides open circle aiming points and hash mark.
It has a 40mm multi-coated optical System that ensures enough light in a tough situation. This scope helps to adjust accurately with the prey in the hunting ground. It has two ways to count the bullet drop. One is BDC 600 reticle and another is the turret system. This is waterproof and fog-proof.
Overall this scope could be one of the best creations of Nikon which you can get a surprisingly affordable price. This is why this is considered the best rifle scope you have ever seen.
- O-ring sealed.
- Consistent Eye Relief.
- Maximum light transmission.
- A number of magnification options.
- Designed for small rifles.
- Is not suitable for the densely wooden area.
Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Rifle Scope is a reliable choice for hunters that offers quality red dot sight without breaking the bank. It has a Fully-multicoated optics lens. This is also element proof.
It has 30mm aluminum alloy chassis and Mounting ring. The scope has an anti-reflective coating, Parallax, Red Dot, Night mode, etc. which easily attracts AR15 lovers. High performance of this scope with mount and magnifier will satisfy any beginner or ever casual hunters.
This scope will meet all your expectations with any AR 15 rifles. So we can mark this one as one of the best rifles scopes ever within your budget. Grab it and Relax!! You won’t regret it.
- Easy to install.
- Great Eye-relief.
- Parallax beyond 50 yards.
- Affordable price.
- Hard to close the scope caps.
- Lens coating is darker than real.
LUCID HD7 Generation 3 Red Dot Sight is a newcomer in the riflescope market by LUCID. The generation III HD7 scope is developed by adding a new reticle set with the generation III HD7. Its frame is made with cast aluminum.
Only one battery of AAA is used in this. There is an O-ring in the battery cap to protect it from the weather. Its rubberized armor increases the durability of it. It has four different reticles- 2 MOA Dot, 2 MOA Dot with Outer Circle, Circle with Crosshairs, Crosshairs. This one is of the best rifle scopes within the budget price range. So feel free to explore it.
- Uses a Battery of AAA.
- Full rubberized armor.
- 100% element proof (Water, Fog, and Shock).
- O-ring in the battery cap.
- The design is a little bulky.
- Weight is not light.
Smart customers always want to buy the best piece with budget price. This Riflescope is for them. The Ade Advanced Optics riflescope is a long-range and heavy-duty one-piece main tube scope that is one of the least expensive. This scope has the magnification limit from 6X to 25X and the objective diameter is 35mm. So, the shooter will get an amazing FOV even when using 25X magnification.
This scope has a mildot reticle that assists to have a clear image and proper light in the scope even in low-light and you will get the most satisfying view in the target area. At the same time, this is waterproof and fog-proof also. So, this item is obviously a recommended one for shooters.
- Long-range and heavy duty scope.
- Least expensive.
- Better FOV even in 25X magnification.
- Waterproof and fog-proof.
- Numerous adjustments.
- Large in size.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II is a professional riflescope, especially for those people who don’t shoot for the hobby. This is a long-range shooting scope with a 50mm objective diameter lens and high magnification range from 6X to 24X. It has multi-coated optical.
This scope has a hashmark design that can be customized. The hash mark can be confusing to beginners but not to the regulars. This scope is fully waterproof and fog-proof that saves the scope from being damaged. This one has also O-ring in the battery cap. Overall, a professional shooter can work with Crossfire II comfortably.
- Perfect for professionals.
- 50mm objective diameter lens.
- Magnification ranges 6-24X.
- O-ring sealed battery cap.
- Hashmark can be confusing to beginners.
- Large in size.
Secozoom Optics is the best rifle scope for long-distant shooting even beyond 1000 yards. This scope has the magnification limit from 4X to 50X and the objective diameter is 75mm. So, you may need to increase the size of the rings to set the scope to the rifle. This scope will help to see from a closer place to a distant place.
It has a green-coated lens that helps to decrease reflection and let enough light to enter into the scope. Through this scope, you will get a great field of view. This is 100% element proof. Overall the Secozoom Optics scope performance is quite delighted in both close and distant areas.
- Quality image.
- Green coated lens.
- 100% element proof.
- Sometimes need additional adjustments.
- Large in size.
NIKON M-308 TACTICAL SCOPE is one of the tactical scopes in the riflescope market. For the first time, Nikon developed the smartphone app help to calculate the shots. The magnification of this scope is 4-16X and the objective diameter is 42mm with which you can shot up to 800 yards.
It provides greater eye-relief to the shooter and fast-focusing ability. But one downside of this scope is that it requires more aiming time. Its reticle is of two types- BDC and Nikoplex. In fact, you can keep M-308 under 2 meters of water for 10 minutes.
Nikon will provide a life-time warranty for this scope. But sometimes you may need to pay some amount for repair.
- Lifetime warranty.
- BDC and Nikoplex reticles.
- Waterproof, fog proof and shockproof.
- Eye-relief of 3.7-4.
- Windage knob durability.
- Lowest top at 16X.
The Vortex Optics Viper is the most powerful scope among the listed scopes and a great combination of some useful features necessary while using a rifle. This is designed to target from long distances. It has magnification range from 6.5X to 20X and an objective diameter of 50mm. So, this is one of the most powerful riflescopes indeed.
Its mildot reticle helps to get a better view of the target area with the fast-focusing system. So the hunters will get more chances to get a perfect and crystal clear image of their prey. Obviously, it is waterproof and fog proof. Apart from all these amazing features, Vortex Optics Viper has one downside that you need to know before purchasing. It doesn’t have more hash mark in the elevation range.
- Mildot reticle.
- Waterproof and fog proof.
- Fast-focusing system.
- Perfect and crystal clear image.
- Lack of hash mark.
- Non-illuminated reticle.
Leupold Waterproof VX-6 7-42X56mm is the upgrade version of VX-7. The magnification of this scope is 7-42X and the objective lens diameter is 56mm that helps in awesome light-transmission. Its weight is 3 ounces. It has TMOA Plus reticle than let you view an open area comfortably and also provide a hash mark.
This riflescope is element proof. So, this will company you in any unexpected weather condition in outdoor. As its features are the latest, the price is also high. The downside of this scope is the difficulty to find the 34 mm rings for the thick scope.
- Awesome light-transmission.
- TMOA Plus reticle.
- Element proof.
- Difficulty to find the 34 mm rings.
Leupold Mark is one of the budget-friendly German technology scopes. The magnification of this scope is 4.5-14X and the objective lens diameter is 50mm. The weight of this scope is much lighter than most of the others in the market only 22 ounces. This is fully weatherproof that will let you more adventurous.
It provides the user with high-quality images, fast-focusing ability and great eye-relief. For its high performance, the U.S. Army uses this scope in long-range rifles. So there is no question about the quality of this piece.
- Fast-focusing ability.
- Higher support needed for large lens.
#12 – Nightforce nxs 5.5-22X 50mm
Nightforce nxs is a mid-priced scope with standard performance. This scope is used in U.S. Military Force. So, this is undoubtedly one of the best rifles scopes according to price range. The magnification of this scope is 5.5-22X, the objective lens diameter is 50mm and the tube is 30mm.
The most surprising feature of this scope is greater eye-relief. It is not so light in weight but yes, easier to adjust. This is also element proof. The overall performance of this scope is worthy of its price and even much better. So, you can leave your binocular at home while leaving for hunting with Nightforce nxs.
As a newcomer in the Riflescopes market, you may not have proper knowledge about Riflescopes that may create problems in selecting the suitable one for you. We understand your problem and so describe the following things you should know before going to a Riflescopes market:
- Magnification: Magnification indicates the power of a scope. It is expressed by a number with the ‘X’ sign. A magnification of 2X means you can see an object two times larger than its real size through that particular scope. There are two numbers in the scope that indicates the range of magnification of it where the first number expresses the lower limit and the second number expresses the higher limit of magnification. For example, A Riflescope has 2-9X40. This means that the scope can adjust between 2X and 9X.
- Objective Lens Diameter: The number of objective lens diameter indicates the size of the objective lens. A scope with a larger objective lens provides more light to the hunter to see the target clearly.
- Eye-Relief: Eye-relief determines the distance between your eyes and lens. The higher the eye-relief, the more you will get the field of view. Especially, the glass-wearing people should choose a riflescope with higher eye-relief to avoid eye fatigue.
- Tube Diameter: Tube diameter is the way of measuring the magnifying power of the scope. Greater diameter of scope makes it more rigid and elevation range. This kind of scope also facilitates long-distance shooting.
- Element-proofness: Another important feature of the best Riflescope is element proofness. That means it should be waterproof, fog-proof and shockproof so that the shooter needn’t face any difficulty in indifferent weather condition and can move any distant shooting place.
- Reticles: Reticles is the crosshair or line of dots of a Riflescope that helps to aim the target. It can be of different types- Fine Crosshair, Duplex Crosshair, Target Dot, etc.
- Objective Lens: Objective lens is the lens that remains in the front of the Riflescope. This lens determines how much light will enter into the scope. To check out the objective lens is important because a greater objective lens allows more light to enter into the scope resulting finest image.
- Field of View: Field of View is the area a shooter can see through the scope lenses over 1000 yards. Normally, the FOV decreased with the increase of magnification power. Shooters should use a Riflescope with higher FOV so that they can see over a wide range of areas. So, we recommend you to have one with a high Field of View.
In our research, we tried to give a clear conception about Riflescope to those people who ended up scratching their heads thinking about the best one. All the scopes we mentioned above are highly-featured and latest. It’s you who will decide to pick one of them. Think about your needs, check out our research, and match these two to pick the best for you. Hope you will be thankful to us.